Gift Aid it…

All about the Gift Aid scheme

The Scheme

Gift Aid logoGift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to claim 25p back for every £1 donated. Because ACTS is registered with the scheme, we can claim extra money for your donations as long as you pay enough tax.

Gift Aid is reclaimed by us from the tax that you pay for the current tax year. We need to have your details (like your address) in order to claim any money using the Gift Aid scheme.

This means that we need for you to fill in a form if we are going to claim the extra money available under the Gift Aid scheme.

You should note that you are declaring that the following is true:

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

If you fill in a Gift Aid form, you should notify us if:

  • you want to cancel the declaration
  • you change your home address
  • no longer pay sufficient tax

Please note that we will not use any information you supply here for any other purpose – the information on the declaration will only be used by us to process a Gift Aid claim.

You should also note:

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self – Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Donating to Us

ACTS is registered with the Gift Aid scheme. If you qualify, and would like us to be able claim Gift Aid on your donations, then you can fill in our online form.

If you would prefer, you can download a paper form and send it to us.

There are three different forms you can download to let us claim Gift Aid on your donations.

The first form is when you want to Gift Aid just a single donation (so if you want to Gift Aid any other donations, you will need to fill in the form again).

The second form will allow us to automatically claim Gift Aid on all your donations (and any donation you have made in the last 4 years). It is important that you notify us in the future if you no longer qualify for Gift Aid.

The third form is for sponsored events, and allows people to write down both an amount and the information necessary for us to claim Gift Aid for the event.


Gift Aid Form for Single Donation (PDF) (MS Word .docx)

Gift Aid Form (PDF) (MS Word .docx)

Sponsored Event Gift Aid Form (PDF) (MS Word .docx)

Share This