Equal Opportunities Policy
1) Action in the Community To Support North Wales and Cheshire (ACTS) is a charity with the purpose (as defined in the constitution) of:
The relief of financial hardship, either generally or individually, of people living in Chester, West Cheshire or North Wales by making grants of money for providing or paying for items, services or facilities.
2) We will not discriminate in the delivery of this purpose at any stage on grounds such as age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
3) Applications to use the charity’s services will be welcomed from anyone meeting the selection criteria, and the criteria will never include selection by age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Applications will only be judged on need and our ability to meet that need.
4) We will deal with members of the public by treating them with respect and dignity. We will deliver our services without unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation. No person will receive less favourable treatment because of the grounds stated above.
5) The commitment to equality will be enacted in:
- Any information such as leaflets, website, documentation, advertisements, or publicity.
- Any decisions made as to who will benefit from the charity’s services.
- Any policies, practices or procedures and in any training provided to charity volunteers.
- The handling of complaints or grievances.
- Any employment practices should the charity choose to employ someone
- All the people who work for, volunteer for or represent the charity, such as trustees, volunteers or staff.
6) As part of the commitment to equal opportunities, ACTS will seek the views of service users to ensure that their views are represented. Any complaint against a volunteer or representative of the charity will be investigated, and disciplinary action may result.